Before you start creating scratch cards, we need to go through the base settings for this plugin. This mainly includes the option to exclude certain users from playing along with the templates used in the shortcodes.
First we have the option to disable the MySQL rand() function. This is a must if your webhost blocks the use of this function! If the function is blocked and you do not select to disable it, the users will get cards in the order they were added!
Next you can select to force SSL for your images. This can be handy if you create cards and then later on switch to start using SSL. Alternatively this option can also be useful when you have always been using SSL but scratch card images are not being loaded over https. In these situations, make sure this option is checked and save!
Next you have the option to exclude users based on their WordPres role. Excluded users will not see any cards but are instead presented with a template you set below.
Finally we need to setup the templates we want to use in situations where users can not play a scratch card. In the following instances, the user will be presented with a template instead of cards:
- Visitors. Only logged in users can play!
- Excluded. Shown when a user that is excluded by their role or excluded by myCRED views the shortcode.
- Insufficient Funds. Shown when a user can not afford the price you set for the set.
- Sold Out. Shown when a set has no more cards that can be purchased.
- On Hold. Shown when you select to put a set “on hold”.
Always remember to save! Even if the default settings is to your liking.